Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Postal magic

We are "Serial Post Office Box Renters." I'm pretty sure we've had about 20 post office boxes in our lifetime, including three that were PO BOX #1. (Dove Creek, Colorado, Clayton, Idaho, and Sula, Montana)

SOmeday we're going to make a list of every place we've had PO boxes. Well, you can add yet another city to that list after yesterday voodoo: Sedona.

Yep, we now have PO 21583 in what's locally known as The Village of Oak Creek (VOC). The scions of the Post Office Ivory Tower wouldn't let VOC be called "VOC," it simply MUST be Sedona. Well, it's not really Sedona, but it sure looks like it on a letterhead or business card.

How in the heck did I get a PO BOX there while I'm still up in Idaho Falls. Hey, all this post office box rental obsession has got to be good for something. It turns out that anyone can rent a PO BOX anywhere by going online and jumping a bunch of hoops. Be sure to have a printer enabled and connected when you do this.

Anyway, I rented a PO BOX at VOC for $22 including the key deposit. I put it on a credit card. I waited a short time and then called the post office there. Luckily, the clerk was actually looking at my online scripts when I called. What a coincidence. So, I politely asked her to assign the number and she did so on the spot. Hence, we can now use the number to prep business cards and letterheads BEFORE we get to Arizona. This is a huge time saver.

We decided to forego Rimrock as our postal base--we had PO #3 there forever but the morons that run the Rimrock Post Office are as unfriendly as I've ever seen. I have zero tolerance for those types of people these days. Also, we've decided to do our shopping in "The Village" as VOC is called. There's a nice independent store there called "Weber's." It will sure beat traveling to Cottonwood to shop. I couldn't care less what they charge at Weber's, the lack of aggravation will be worth the extra price. Anyway, we can check our PO Box when we go grocery shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter