Friday, November 6, 2009

It's NOT Bon-Bon--it's BOB-BON

well, when you are tired, your eyes play tricks on ya.  You know how that goes.  So, we pulled into this place and I thought it was the Bon-Bon Inn.  I even mentioned the name to the owner.  he gave me a weird look but everyone in Kay-Nab does that so I didn't think anything about it.  Well, I was getting ready to do this blog post and I thought, "Gee, let's see if the Bon-Bon Inn has a website!"  So, Good Ol' Google corrects me and says ,"Did you mean Bob-Bon Inn?"  well, DUH, yeah, I guess so.

Anyway, you can click here to see the place that Bob & Bonnie built in 1990.  They have it up for sale now--good luck! Buying a lodging establishment in Kay-Nab in the recession doesn't look like a real smart thing to do.  Bob said his wife, Bonnie, in charge of the "Western Legends Roundup."  Since its inception about 10 years ago, it's grown into a MAJOR event for Kay-Nab.  Click here for it's website.  They have all these movie star photos in the small lobby and they have a bunch of western kitsch scattered about the grounds.  It's an endearing little place run by real Americans who are heavily involved in thier community.  Ain't no curry cooking Asians here!

We're definitely coming back to this place!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pals. Missing you already. Look, I'm your first follower. Spent the morning creating an account and my own blog primarily so I could communicate with you. Love, love technology. Stayed in Kanab at age 10 the day I first left Idaho, destination Rhode Island--still in tears leaving half my family behind. Mom got me, Dad got baby brother. Literally, a broken family. However, the magic of Kanab captured my immagination and put in my mind the thought that perhaps I was off on a new adventure. There was an old inn there with original autographed photos of the old great Western movie stars. Back in the day, Westerns were filmed near Kanab. Visited there again 20 years ago with my sweetie and had a great steak at the old inn. Wonder if the original inn is still there or where you stayed is a replacement. Also recall passing "Rock Candy Mountain." You might recall there was an old western tune of same title. It was right next to the highway, and as I recall, an unusual and colorful lumpy rock formation. Did you feel the spirits of stars long dimmed? Did the Duke whisper in your ear during the night? Wouldn't you love to race a horse across those flatlands, minus the silly shootouts? At age 10, I so wanted to find a horse and ride to the end of the wind.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter