Saturday, November 7, 2009

Low temps leave me scratching my head

OK, so we're sitting here about 530 in the AM and I'm looking at weather.  It's 32 in Kanab, 21 on the South Rim and supposedly 19 degrees in Flagstaff.  Meanwhile, I take a look up north and it's 41 in Idaho Falls.  Now, folks, that don't make no sense!  Like none!  That is totally against Snowbird Rule #101.  Snowbird rule #101 says "ALL temperatures to the south of Idaho are warmer than Idaho."  So, somebody's in violation here and due for a ticket and maybe even an arrest.  The Weather Police need to restore order here!

Click here if you want to see all of the regional observations for the Northern Arizona area.

Click here if you want to see all of the regional observations for Eastern Idaho.

We look like we're on track for a 6 am departure.  It was a restless sleep last night but I think we both got enough shut eye to complete our trip and then stumble around down in The Verde.

Yep, our little tweeter is recharged and ready to twitter once again. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pals. Fun tracking your travel. Stayed in Kanab when I left Idaho the first time, age 10. There was an old hotel and great steakhouse with autographed photos of the old Western movie stars lining the walls. Back in the day, most Westerns were filmed in the area. I recall passing "Rock Candy Mountain," which captured my immagination. Did you see it? It was on the edge of the highway, and as I recall, a clumpy and colorful rock formation. I think there was an old Western tune about it. Visited again about 20 years ago, and the old inn was still there. Such a unique and beautiful area. Always surprised me it didn't grow as a tourist mecca. Off the main path a bit I suppose. Travel safe. Free advice: Exchange anger at crazy drivers with a blessing for all. Kris

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter