Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Verde River Trip Summary

I've been working for over 2 hours this morning writing up my account of my Verde River Trip this past weekend.  I realized that the account would make a single blog post far too long.  So, I split up the account into 9 posts, including this one.  That way you can read as much or as little as you may wish.  Hopefully, the blog posts are logically titled and organized.  If not, tough luck.

In a nutshell, it was a wonderful trip in every way.  My eternal thanks go out to Dex & Jodi for the great gift of their dedication to the Verde River.  Dex is now the River Ranger for the Wild & Scenic River.  he has a warehouse that would easily rival any commercial outfitter.  He works with a cadre of devoted volunteers who obviously love him.  He has at least 20 such volunteers who serve on a regular basis and another 50 who serve now and then!  As a volunteer manager myself, I can tell you this doesn't happen by accident.  It takes a special skill and talent to attract and keep such devoted volunteers.  Way to go, Dex!

Dex has mastered the arcane bureaucracy of the Forest Service and he is doing a great job in every aspect.  We are so proud of what he has accomplished on behalf of the Verde River.  He's the reigning Old Man River!  Jodi's talents and personality are such gifts in so many ways.  You GO, Girl!

It was inspirational and poetic for me to travel with these two wonderful humans.  It really brought everything full circle for the three of us to be on the river together at this time and in this context.


The simple word "thanks" doesn't do justice to the gratitude I feel for the honor and privilege to travel on the Verde with Dex and Jodi this weekend.  I will be forever grateful to have had this experience.  May you two enjoy Happy Trails Always and All ways FOREVER!  THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter