Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Harrys Hideaway in Cornville

Something's going on in Cornville. Whazzup, you say?  Well, it seems that the whole Cornville scene is a changin' for the better.  There's a new restaurant in Cornville.  Yep, it's called Harry's Hideaway.  I learned about it when I roamed down to the Verde Independent newspaper.  Phil Wright wrote a nice article and listed the restaurant's website.  So, I moseyed over there and was shocked.  I was expecting just another plain vanilla restaurant website.  Ho, Hum.  Well, I was shocked.  It's a GREAT website!  If the food and service and hospitality are anywhere near what is reflected in the website, then this little place will be tremendous and a genuine asset to Cornville and its nearby cousins, such as our winter home near Montezuma Well.

I called The Goatherder right away and asked him if he'd heard about it.  He was aware of it but hadn't paid any attention to it yet.  I respectfully requested that GH go forthwith and check it out today.  I am very impressed.  This is the kind of news you can use (and eat).  Disclaimer--edible news is easily my favorite news.


Meanwhile, as I was talking with GH, I noted that Harry's got called off the sidelines for mid-field action in the Celtic Fest last weekend because a Fork In The Road closed.  Oops. GH's son, Josh, got stiffed for two full weeks of wages at the Fork.  (We will resist the temptation to use the word "fork" in another context.)  We sure hope this doesn't dim young teenage Josh's interest in and enthusiasm for learning about the restaurant trade.



Well, suffice to say, we are excited about Harry's Hideaway and can hardly wait to get back down there sometime before December to give it a try.  In the meantime, how's about all the Verde Valley readers of this here blog go check it out and give us some reports back.  OK?  OK!  You can bet we're gonna be avid readers of that restaurant's blog and Twitter.  You can click here to go to their website.

2 comments:

  1. I got sidetracked today...maybe I'll get there later but gotta get a load of hay first. Cowboy, my new little pal born in April, decided today that the old tarp on the baby-pen shade tasted mighty good, and he demolished it. Had to clean up the mess and install a new tarp, which he's leaving alone. Apparently old tattered tarps taste better than new ones.....dry aged tarps, who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh is not deterred...I told him a few of my run-ins with owners who owed me money and he figures he learned a cheap lesson.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter